Highlights of the 18th IMPEL General Assembly
Between 10 and 12 December 2018, the 18th meeting of the IMPEL General Assembly took place in Vienna, Austria.
Agenda items included a presentation on the outcomes of a study on Implementation Challenges among environmental authorities, the broadening IMPEL’s membership, approval
project reports, a discussion on the work programme and budget for 2019. The General Assembly agreed on the new funding arrangements for IMPEL’s projects and network organisation and support.
The meeting also welcomed a new member: Waste Enforcement Regional Lead Authorities (WERLA’s), Ireland.
The following project reports from 2018 were adopted and will be available on our website soon:
- TFS Enforcement Actions
- Waste & TFS Conference
- Doing The Right Things (IED)
- Integrated water approach – Urban Water
- River development planning – phase 2
- Water Crimes
- Financial provisions – Protecting the Environment and the Public Purse
- Impel Review Initiatives reports performed in Azores and Slovenia