Subcategories Project status:
IMPEL TFS Conference 2012
- Number: 2012/13
- Status: Finalised
- Period: 2012
- Lead Country: Cluster 2 Secretariat and UK
Project team countries:
United Kingdom, IMPEL TFS Secretariat, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Malta and Poland.
Ireland, UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Romania, Bulgaria, Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Croatia, Estonia, Luxembourg, FYR Macedonia, Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland
The conference has the following objectives:
- Maintain, strengthen and expand the TFS network.
- Discuss running and new projects and joint activities.
- Exchange practical information (e.g. by case studies).
- Get updated by other relevant activities from related organisations (e.g. DG ENV, Basel Secretariat, WCO, INTERPOL).
- Discuss experiences with the provisions of the Waste Shipment Regulation 1013/06 and Regulation 740/2008 and 1418/2007 and give feedback to the competent authorities and COM.
- Continue cooperation agreements with third countries, regions and international networks.
The projects and activities of IMPEL Cluster 2 are based on the European Waste Shipment Regulation Nº 1013/2006. Being a Regulation and including a cross-border aspect, it is of high importance to have an active and practical European network of inspectors and regulators that meet on a regular basis to exchange practical experiences. Not only environmental inspectors, but also Customs and Police officers and the Judiciary. Ongoing IMPEL-TFS projects continue to show the need for establishing and above all maintaining good and practical collaboration between Member States, third countries and relevant international organisations.